FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- When was Park University established?
Classes were first held on May 12, 1875. The first class graduated in 1879.
- When did Park College become Park University?
The conversion to “university” was completed in 2000.
- Does Park University have a religious affiliation?
Park University no longer has affiliations with any church or religious organization. Students of all religions are welcomed into the Park family and are encouraged to celebrate their faith. Graham Tyler Memorial Chapel is used for musical performances, weddings and events.
- Is there a family work program on the Parkville campus?
The official required family work program was discontinued in the mid-1960s. Today many students participate in the work study program through the Financial Aid Department. This program provides on-campus jobs for students. Most Park University students have at least a part-time job while attending classes. There has been an explosion of growth in the Northland area near Parkville that provides a variety of employment opportunities for our students.
- How many campuses does Park University have?
The school is continually growing. Currently there are 42 campus centers, including the Online program.
- How many students are enrolled today?
Enrollment is approximately 16,290 students, including all undergraduate and graduate schools.
- Does Park University have an athletic program?
The athletic program is located on the Parkville campus. Sports include men’s and women’s teams in soccer, basketball, volleyball, cross country and track. A men’s baseball team and women’s softball and golf are also part of the program. Park is a member of NAIA. To learn more about Park athletics go to the athletic web site.
- Does Park University have school symbols?
School colors: Canary and wine (gold and burgundy)
Song – Alma Mater and The Canary and The Wine
Official Park logos can be found here.
- Is the chapel available to rent for weddings?
The chapel is available for weddings between June 1 and July 31. Alumni, current students, faculty and staff are eligible to rent the chapel. Restrictions apply to eligibility. For full details contact Special Events, President’s Office at 816-584-6202, firstname.lastname@example.org
- What is the building in all the photos?
Mackay Hall is the primary administration building on the campus. It was completed in 1890 and is on The National Historic Registry. The President’s office is located in this building. The building also houses:
- University Advancement
- Academic Affairs and the Provost
- Human Resources
- Registrar’s Office
- Faculty offices